reynoldahouse.org is a IMLS funded project.
1. Copyrights: The text, images, graphics, audio files, video clips and data on the Reynolda House of American Art (the “Museum”) website (the “Site”) are protected by United States copyright laws. The Museum retains all rights, including copyright, in data, images, software, documentation, text, and other information contained in these files (collectively, the “Content”). The Museum retains all rights, including copyright, in the Content. The copyright of the Content and other proprietary rights may be held by individuals or entities other than, or in addition to, the Museum.
The Museum does not warrant that use of the Materials displayed on the Site will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with the Museum. For example, some works may be under copyright by the artist or the artist’s heirs holding rights to these works. Such works may not be used in any form; they may not be copied or downloaded without prior permission from the holder of the underlying copyright.
2. Fair Use: The Museum expressly prohibits the copying of any protected materials on this Site, except for limited non-commercial, educational, and personal use only, or for fair use as defined in the United States copyright laws.
3. Unauthorized Uses: Any use of the Content, including modification, transmission, presentation, distribution, use in conjunction with advertisements, or republication, is prohibited without the prior written consent of the Museum.
4. Commercial Use: Unauthorized commercial copying, redistribution, publication, or exploitation of the Museum's content in any manner is strictly prohibited. If users would like to employ any of the Site’s Content for commercial use or publication, please visit the Museum (rights and reproductions page) and submit a request.
5. User Generated Content: From time to time the Museum may invite users to share content through its website. Please know that all content will be reviewed by Museum staff and may be reproduced, duplicated, and displayed by the Museum in all media now known or hereinafter devised.
6. Trademarks: Many of the trademarks, service marks, wordmarks, and logos (collectively, the “Trademarks”) displayed on this Site, including REYNOLDA HOUSE MUSEUM OF AMERICAN ART, are registered and/or unregistered marks of Museum and are protected by United States trademark laws. Any use of these assets is prohibited without the prior written consent of the Museum. All other trademarks, product names, and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners. Any unauthorized use of the Museum’s trademarks is strictly prohibited.
7. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER THE MUSEUM, ITS AFFILIATES, TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, COMPENSATORY, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (EVEN IF THE MUSEUM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT, AND/OR COMPILATION.
8. Indemnity: By downloading, printing, viewing, or otherwise using Content from the Site, users agree and warrant that they will limit their use of such files to fair use and will comply with all other terms and conditions of this agreement, and will not violate the rights of the Museum or any other person or entity. In using the Contents, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold the Museum, its affiliates, trustees, directors, officers, employees, or agents harmless from all claims, causes, costs, expenses, fees, judgments, liabilities, losses, and damages arising from or relating to your use of the Content.
9. Amendments: The Museum may revise these Terms and Conditions and other notices contained herein by updating this posting at any time. Site users are bound by such revisions and should periodically visit this page to review the Terms and Conditions.